What is dialysis?
Dialysis is a kind of treatment. Where the kidneys cannot take care of body needs, & the kidneys have failed the person needs dialysis.
Kidney has the role of filtering & removing waste from blood, & also adjusting body's water level. Dialysis takes the role of the kidney & gives the person the chance to have a good & normal life.
What is dialysis role?
- In peritoneal dialysis, your blood is cleaned inside your body. The doctor will do Surgery to place a plastic tube called a Catheter into your abdomen to make an access. During treatment, your abdominal area (called the peritoneal Cavity) is slowly filled with dialysis through the catheter.
The blood stays in the arteries & veins that line your peritoneal cavity. Extra fluid & waste products are drawn out of your blood & into the dialysate.
Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD) is done without machines. You do it yourself, usually four or five times a day at home or work. The problem is the infection .that is made around catheter
When does a patient need dialysis?
You need dialysis when you develop end stage kidney failure usually by the time you lose about 85 to 90 percent of your kidney function & have a GFR of <15, or if you have constant fluid buildup & Symptoms of too much urea & other wastes in your blood. If the patient is suffering heart disease, lung disease or such diseases or even has problems in his sense of taste or Sensation in legs, dialysis is recommended
:When your kidneys fail, dialysis keeps your body in balance by
- removing waste, Salt & extra water to prevent them from building up in the body.
- keeping a safe level of certain chemicals in your blood, such as potassium, sodium & bicarbonate
- helping to control blood pressure
Types of dialysis:
There are two types of dialysis- hemo-dialysis & peritoneal dialysi
- In hemo-dialysis an artificial kidney (hemodialyzer) is used to remove waste & extra Chemicals & fluid from the blood. To get your blood into the artificial kidney, the doctor needs to make an access (entrance) into your blood vessels. This is done by minor Surgery to your arm or leg. Sometimes, an access is made by joining an artery to a vein under your skin to make a bigger blood vessel Called a fistula. Occasionally, an access is made by means of narrow plastic tube, called a catheter, which is inserted into a large vein in your neck
Usually, each hemodialysis treatment lasts about 4 hours & is done three times per week
In Bistoon Hospital, a variety of surgical procedures are performed, including:Breast cancer,mastectomy,Thyroidctomy,hysterctomy,cilon cancer,gastric canser&sophageal,cholecyctectomy,sleeve gastrectomy,abdominoplasty,eyelid life,hernia,laparascopy,hemorrid,appendicitis,hydroclectomy,anal fissure,...
bariatric Surgery for sever obesity usually when the body weight does not fit, height considering sex & age, the person is considered obese
Reasons for obesity: rate of physical activity, increase of age, body composition, genetic factors, economical social factors, life style, mental habits, hormonal factors.
Surgery is the choice for those precisely elected Patients who suffer Sever clinical obesity. Their BMI should be above 40 or they should have above 30BMI along with other diseases along with obesity. The patient should be under the risk of getting other diseases along with obesity. The patient should be under lifetime medical Supervision after the Surgery
Gall bladder stone surgery, open surgery & Laparoscopic: Surgery there will be two types of Surgery, open Surgery & Laparoscopic Surgery. In open gallbladder surgery the surgeon removes the gallbladder through a single large incision under the border of the right rib cage or in the middle of the upper part of the abdomen. In laparoscopic gallbladder Surgery the Surgeon removes the gallbladder & gallstones though several Small incisions in the abdomen. The Surgeon inflates abdomen with air or carbon dioxide in order to see clearly